Please submit scholarship essay and application materials to [email protected].
At Emerson Straw PL, we have seen firsthand the devastating impacts of distracted driving. Technological innovations such as smartphones have led to breakthroughs in both science and exploration, but these advancements have also caused an increase in distracted driving accidents.
As personal injury attorneys, we work with individuals who have suffered the physical and emotional effects of auto accidents involving texting and driving. Millions of innocent people are severely injured or die each year in these collisions. This is unacceptable, and we believe that this tragic problem can be curbed if individuals make a commitment to practicing safe driving etiquette and encouraging their friends and family to do the same.
Our law firm is pleased to announce our 2020 Texting and Driving Prevention Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship opportunity that is intended to spur creative solutions to the distracted driving epidemic that is affecting the entire country.
To enter, please write a 750-word essay that explores the ways that you can prevent yourself and other people from texting behind the wheel. Besides discussing your personal relationship with this issue, we want you to outline solutions and prevention tips to improve the safety of everyone on the road.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet these requirements:
- Be about to enroll or currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program, or community college in the United States.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Please send the following documents to apply:
- Your résumé including contact details
- Your current academic transcript that includes your cumulative GPA. (For first-year students, it is acceptable to submit an unofficial transcript from their accredited educational institution. For students who are not presently enrolled, please provide proof of acceptance to the future educational institution.)
- Your 750-word original essay on the following prompt: Explain the ways that you personally prevent texting while driving. What preventative measures do you take that you believe other people should also be taking? How do you intend to spread these ideas?
Scholarship Application Deadline
Your scholarship essay and application materials must be submitted via email to [email protected] no later than September 30, 2020. Please submit your materials with the subject line “[Applicant’s name] – 2020 Texting and Driving Prevention Scholarship”.
The scholarship winner will be selected based on the criteria outlined above. The winner will be determined at the discretion of Emerson Straw.
Upon applying for this scholarship, candidates acknowledge that all submitted essays become the property of Emerson Straw PL. Emerson Straw PL reserves the right to publish any or all portions of the submitted essays on its website or other electronic publications such as social media profiles.